Eastern AZ Museum & Historical Society Coins

These tokens weigh One Troy Ounce each and are made of .999 Pure Copper. The Copper was mined in Arizona and coined at The Arizona Territorial Mint. Each token is edge marked and serial numbered.

Obverse Design:
Eastern Arizona Museum Coin
Eastern Arizona Museum opened to the public 24 July 1963, the culmination of many months of gathering artifacts and information pertinent to the area. It was housed in the original Bank of Pima building, constructed in 1915. The museum has grown to include “Cluff Hall”, built of tufa stone in 1882 and is the oldest remaining building in Pima. The Old Rexall Drug Store completes the museum complex. The museum also acquired the property further north on Main Street, which had been The Pima Garage and it houses the W.M. Carter Farm Museum.


Honoring our Heritage Coin

Reverse Design:
Honoring our Heritage Coin
Pima, a part of Pima County, Arizona Territory, was settled by 28 hardy Mormon souls 8 April 1879 and first called Smithville, for Northern Arizona Mormon colonizer Jesse N. Smith. The first Bishop, J.K. Rogers, became a legislator and sponsored the bill that created Graham and Greenlee Counties. A bustling community in the late 1800’s and early to mid 1900’s, Pima was home to many businesses.

Pima High School Coin

Reverse Design:
Pima High School Coin
Pima’s first school was held in 1880 in a log cabin built for that purpose and as a Mormon church and community center. In 1884, a building of white tufa stone was constructed solely for school purposes. It is the second oldest building in Pima and has been a personal residence for many years. Pima school alumni have become leaders in their chosen fields throughout the world.


Edge Engraving:
The edge contains the text “1 TO .999 – CU” (meaning 1 Troy Ounce of .999 pure Copper) followed by the serial number of the token.


Purchase an Eastern Arizona Museum coin
Puchase coins for $10.00 each at the Eastern Arizona Museum.
« Back