For other times and tours, call Edres Barney 928-485-3032.
Assorted historical books and Commemorative Copper Coins for sale.
OF INTEREST TO RESEARCHERS AND CURIOSITY SEEKERS:
We have the complete trial transcript of the Wham Paymaster Robbery of May 1889. Read the proceedings and decide for yourself....were those tried for the robbery guilty or innocent.
Click here for Details!
Click here for Details!
Saturday, October 15, 2016 5:00 pm
Chili Cook-off & Dessert Auction Donation $3
HERITAGE DAYS 2017 April 21 & 22
It is worth a visit to see the floor and the thousands of artifacts left by our hardy-courageous forebears---for our viewing and education.
Several new individual and family histories have been given to the museum. Have you donated yours??
President: Nick Bingham, Vice President: Shawn Wright, Secretary: Anna Jane Jarvis, Treasurer & Museum Curator: Edres Barney and Director of Activities: Tricia Garrett.
Mitchell & Cheri Beals, Tom & Shelly Claridge, Johnnie & Cheryl Foster, Tricia & Ron Garrett, Larry & Sandy Huish, Jordan & Shanna Jarvis, Ryan & Faith Jarvis, Steve & Bekki Mattice, Robert & Sharon McBride, Clint & Tiffany Woods, Howard & Pam Jones
Reece Jarvis was an original board member when they organized in 1963. He has been on the board these 54 years and is still on. He is the only original board member still alive. We pay tribute to him for his many years of service, not only to the museum, but to the community he loves.
The main museum is housed in three historic buildings. The entrance is in the 1914 Bank of Pima, constructed by David H Weech. Next is Cluff Hall, the oldest structure in Pima. It was built in 1882 of tufa stone from the limestone quarry at Bear Springs Flat and was originally used as a community gathering place where plays and musicals were held, as well as some LDS church meetings and conferences. Rounding out the trio of historical buildings is The Old Rexall Drug Store, built around 1900 and moved to the old Royal Confectionery building in 1928, which had been remodeled by Harve Follett, then run by Walter Haggard. It remained in that location for 34 years, until Vearl & Ethel Cluff moved around the corner into their brand-new building in November 1962. Pima has been without a drugstore since its closure on December 1, 1978. The beautiful mirror and other fixtures in this historic building are original.
Museum collections include, but are not limited to:
This museum opened in July 1963 (in operation for 53 years now), the culmination of months of planning and hard work by many dedicated individuals. Dorothy Mattice had a love of history and should be mentioned as the first curator. Cherrel Weech also deserves recognition as she oversaw the museum for 30 years.
We sponsor Heritage Days annually in April and invite all to come back, visit with us and each other, and enjoy the displays, demonstrations, entertainment and great food! We host a Barbeque at the Pima School Cafeteria on Friday evening and a Cowboy Breakfast with music Saturday morning at the W.M. Carter Farm Museum. School classes are encouraged to have reunions during this time.
We are a quality institution, operating under professional based policies and procedures, certified by the Arizona Historical Society. We are a registered non-profit 501(c)(3) organization.
things that are worthy of remembrance by their descendants."
— Elder Russell M. Nelson